Dr. Garry Landreth presenting during the 2015 Multicultural Play Therapy Center Conference
The Multicultural Play Therapy Center at UNC Charlotte is pleased to announce its 9th annual conference from June 26-30, 2017 at UNC Charlotte.
This event targets mental health therapists, K-12 counselors, and professional school counselors for development in play therapy skills. This year’s presenters include:
- Day 1, Monday, June 26, 2017 - Play Diagnosis and Assessment by Dr. Heidi Kaduson, RPT-S
- Day 2, Tuesday, June 27, 2017 - Step by Step: How to Use Play Therapy to Help Children with Excessive, Worry, Anxiety and/or Perfectionism, Dr. Heidi Kaduson, RPT-S
- Day 3, Wednesday, June 28, 2017 - Surviving and Thriving with High Conflict Divorce Cases: Managing your Clients, Cases, and Court by Ms. Jan Keny
- Day 4, Thursday, June 29, 2017 - Healing from the Effects of Interpersonal Trauma: An Integrative Play Therapy-Family Therapy Approach for Young Children, Dr. Sue Bratton, LPC-S, RPT-S
- Day 5, Friday, June 30, 2017 - Sandtray and More Play Therapy-Based Expressive Interventions for Families and Kids of All Ages, Dr. Sue Bratton, LPC-S, RPT-S
Continuing Education: LPCs, school counselors, and social workers may earn up to 30 CEUs (6 per day) for the conference (APT Approved Provider #07-191; NBCC Approved Provider #4208, and the Department of Social Work at UNC Charlotte).
On-Site Registration will be permitted. Registration payment must be in the form of a check made payable to "UNC Charlotte." Registration rates are provided here.
Directions: The street address for UNC Charlotte is 9201 University City Blvd., Charlotte, NC 28223. All participants will report to the College of Health and Human Services Building (CHHS), Room 155 Atrium. CHHS is Building #63 on the campus map.
Parking: All participants are required to park in the visitor's section of the Student Union Parking Deck, levels 4 through 6. The Union Deck is adjacent to the Student Union, Building #69. One parking voucher will be provided daily. No parking vouchers will be provided for your lunch or other departures. Campus lunch options will be provided.
If you need information about this conference, email Dr. Phyllis Post, UNC Charlotte Department of Counseling, or call her at: (704) 687-8961.
For financial questions or inquiries regarding registration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call at (704) 687-8801.