Dedication to Community Industry Experts and Founder, M. Quentin Williams,
at "Empowering Your Entrepreneurial Spirit" at St. John's University
Dedication to Community (D2C) Tour
"Empowering Dreams: Realizing the Future"
University of North Carolina at Charlotte
Cone University Center, McKnight Hall Auditorium
April 10, 2015
8:50 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The University of North Carolina at Charlotte, in conjunction with numerous community partners including Central Piedmont Community College, is pleased to present the Dedication to Community (D2C) Tour, Friday, April 10, 2015 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. in the UNC Charlotte Cone University Center. The 2015 theme is "Empowering Dreams: Realizing the Future." The Dedication to Community Tour (D2C) is an international forum for the exchange of ideas in business and society. The purpose of the tour is to empower all generations in business and entrepreneurship, bringing them out from behind traditional means of learning by encouraging them to interact with successful executives in a real-time, exciting dialogue. This unique experience will provide participants with an awareness of self-empowerment, how business is connected to the community, the importance of ethical decisions in business, and much more. The integration of the D2C live tour and online coverage will afford attendees with opportunities to continue their experience of such vital teachings for years to come.
The D2C tour has previously visited Springfield Technical Community College, St. John's University, Seton Hall University, and the University of Maryland. D2C's creator, M. Quentin B.L. Williams, is the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of the Butler Lappert Williams Law Firm based in New York, NY. Mr. Williams has more than 25 years of legal and business expertise in sports entertainment, media, technology, and law enforcement industries. His diverse life experiences have created a network of like-minded individuals who are interested in giving back to communities that mirror their humble beginnings and serve as a gateway to unlimited opportunities. The D2C panelists, all highly successful executives in a diverse range of industries, are able to connect to their audience through their genuine willingness to share personal stories with concrete examples of how entrepreneurship, risk, hard work, leadership and social responsibility directed them to ‘success’ – a term that is not defined solely by the accumulation of wealth, but also includes the achievement of career and personal goals while maintaining a strong commitment to family and community. By assembling this diverse group of panelists, Mr. Williams emphasizes to students that they must be self-starters who create their own opportunities through education and engage their communities for the greater good...Empowering Dreams: Realizing the Future.
This year's panelists include:
- Mr. Dave Alpern, CMO, Joe Gibbs Racing
- Mr. Ed Fantegrossi, CEO, Geographic Network Affiliates
- Ms. Kristal High Taylor, Co-Founder/Editor-in-Chief, Chief of Politic365
- Mr. Steven Israel, Football Analyst, Fox Sports (Charlotte)
- Mr. Marlon Kimpson, State Senator, State of South Carolina
- Mr. Chuck Lee, Attorney/Partner, Parker Poe
- Mr. Jim McCafferty, President, AAA
- Ms. Kelly Naqi, Enterprise Unit Reporter, ESPN
- Mr. Manny Ohonme, Founder and President, Samaritan's Feet
- Mr. Joe Pierce, Vice-President/General Counsel, Charlotte Hornets
- Mr. Octavius "Ted" Reid, III, Senior VP, Morgan Stanley Smith Barney
- Dr. Richard R. Rolle, Jr.,Surgeon, Rolle Oral & Facial Surgery
- Mr. Scott Steele, Executive Director, Cherokee Gives Back
- Ms. Eve Wright, Sports Executive, Author & Entrepreneur
- Mr. Arthur Wylie, Executive Producer, Film Industry, Author
- Mr. M. Quentin B.L. Williams, Esq, Chairman and CEO, Butler Lappert Williams Firm
- Mr. Renaldo Wynn, Executive Director of Game Plan For Life: Inner City and Prison Ministries, Joe Gibbs Racing
Please contact The Office of Educational Outreach at firstname.lastname@example.org or (704) 687-8998 if you have questions regarding your participation. We look forward to meeting you on April 10, 2015 at UNC Charlotte!!!